So, I started my new job today at DMH Mechanical Inc. as a part time office assistant. We are a mostly commercial HVAC (air conditioning and heating) company located in Olivehurst. I get a desk and a computer and I don't have to sell anything.
Sales is this disgusting world where everyone sucks the life out of each other. People are no longer human beings, they are "customers," or potential dollar signs. I was never fully myself in that environment. I'm the kind of gal who doesn't want to get involved in your business unless you want me to. If you just want to shop and not be bothered, more power to you. If you want help, sure! Retail forces you to tell the customer that you know what's best for them, even if it's not. You must open up this credit card today because you'll save money (even though you are in credit card debt up the wazoo). You NEED this makeup because it's the best deal you will ever find (until we come back in a few months, and ignoring the drawers full of the stuff you have at home). It forced me to be fake with people and I need to be surrounded by genuine-ity. I'm so excited to be done!
Now I just need another part time job for the afternoons so I can afford to live.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts!