Thursday, November 19, 2009

"A little Dr. Plew is good for the soul"

Well since moving into our little place on Halloween, I've not had internet at home. It is supposed to be coming eventually... but I'm wondering when that will be...
So I haven't had any time but lunch at work to be on the computer (and some occasional times at Corey's house). There has been so much I've wanted to tell the blog world... or more like I've wanted to write about to get things off my chest, but alas, the details have to wait for later.

A couple big things:

I am currently doing a "body balancing" diet because I have had stomach trouble for the last 8ish months and I've had several tests and there's "nothing wrong with me." Therefore, I have to eat what is just right for my body and keep it balanced and happy. So far, this means more raw foods (yucky veggies and yummy fruit), less meat (and NO red meat *sob*), no refined flours like white breads or hamburger buns, no caffeine, eating smaller dinners, NEVER snacking, nothing spicy... and that's all I can remember right now. I'm basically in a period of guessing what my body doesn't like and trying to fix it. So far it's been working (mostly) and my stomach troubles have been less... and I feel much better than I have for a while. Also my particular body type apparently needs vigorous exercise. Joy of my life.

I went to LA last weekend! I had a FANTABULOUS bridal shower with all the girlies I love, went to my favorite oasis in LA: the Getty, hung out with my maid of honor, went to see Opera Scenes (first time I sat through one), kept tradition and got a BJs pizookie, and had lunch with Dr. Plew. What? Oh, yes, I had lunch with Dr. Plew, and let me tell you "folks" - a little Dr. Plew is good for the soul. For those of you who do not have the extreme privilege of knowing Dr. Paul Timothy Plew, he is the music department head at The Master's College, a short, dynamic sort of man who loves Jesus so much and has a passion for choral music like none I've ever seen. I learned SO much from him in college just by watching him conduct and lead our choirs, and I had the honor of serving him as secretary in two choirs. I sat under his teaching, preaching, and worship leading and I can't describe the impact that man has had on my life. For those of you still at Master's, take advantage of what Dr. Plew has to offer you. Great men willing to pour their life into you are hard to find. Sure, you might have to seek him out, he is a busy man, but don't be scared. He's really just a big, excitable, musical teddy bear who can teach you how exude love for Jesus through your pores.

I don't have time for more... but it will come. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Dr. Plew. And I have done the elimination diets too.. FB message me if you want to know the gorey details... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that is not really my blog anymore... I just couldn't post under my wordpress blog for somereason.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!