Saturday, May 15, 2010

Smiling

So, Jesus is always good and faithful.  Isn't that mind-blowing to think about?  Even when a sinner (such as me) gets hopeful in things seen instead of hoping in the only One that will never fail.  I have been craving earthly security, especially with having NO money, no health insurance, uncertain future...  It took some gentle prodding by my wonderful husband and a lot of tears to remember that there is NO earthly security!  Sigh.  I still think that health insurance would be nice, but if we don't have it right now, that means Jesus decided we do not need it.  We do not need health insurance and jobs that actually make money if Jesus doesn't give them to us.  He will supply ALL of our NEEDS.  I recently applied for a job that was perfect and I thought I actually had a chance at it, instead of sending resumes out into the depressing void of the economy.  When I found out that the job had only been posted for promoting an internal employee, I was very upset and hopeless, thus the need for Jesus to slap me across the face. :)

On a much lighter note, we went to the band concert at Wheatland High, conducted by my amazing father!  He had 4 ensembles play: the jazz band, the concert/beginning band, the percussion ensemble, and the symphonic band.  Rob (my brother) was in the jazz band and he had an especially great piano solo (wooo!).  It was great, and I am so proud to be related to such amazing musicians.  (And I can't wait until I can teach...)

ALSO, there are finally pictures up on Facebook of our new apartment!  Here is my favorite:


and maybe one more for good measure:


We are so happy in this wonderful place, Jesus is so good to us.  Please continue to pray for jobs that are good (as long as Jesus so desires). 

And one last fun update, I went to see the Chorale perform a week ago, as they were in this area on tour!  I don't think they had any idea how awesome it was to see them.  As I have not made very many friends up here, being able to hug several people dear to my heart was SO refreshing, not to mention the music.  And as if the night couldn't get any better, Dr. Plew had me (surprise) conduct Chorale's signature piece at the end of the concert (as he is wont to do)!! :)  It was pretty nerve-racking to get up in front of Chorale and conduct a song I haven't heard in a year, but we sang it so many times that it just came from my soul and made me soar.  It was wonderful.  Thanks, guys.

Well despite sharing some struggles at the beginning of this post and a mildly rough week, we are still happy and trusting Jesus and learning how to smile all the time. :)  Currently looking forward to summer!  yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!