Monday, July 19, 2010

An Opportunity

I very sincerely miss the beach.  I miss deciding to go out in the heat and the sun and I might even miss the sand between my toes!  There are many things that I don't like about the beach, but it's such an integral part of summer!  There are so many great summer memories at the beach.  I keep feeling like summer is going by way too quickly and I'm missing out on chances to enjoy it.  Unfortunately it is hotter here in Sac than it was growing up in Hollister.  I miss that ocean breeze and the ability to take a night walk down to the park and not get mugged.  Hopefully, Mr. Man and I have a chance this summer to make our own new summer traditions. :)

I have one of those tired brains right now that thinks of plenty of things that I could tell you about, and when I start to type it, I feel like I don't have the energy to write about it.  Ever have one of those days?  I was up at 6 this morning after helping Mr. Man with his homework until late last night.  I needed to do all his typing for him because he overworked his arm muscles last week from cutting too much meat and veggies!  But he did bring me home some awesome Applesauce Cake with walnuts, raisins, cranberries, and a caramel sauce from one of his classes.  It was so interesting helping him with his homework, all of the old frustrations from unclear syllabii or silly petty assignments came rolling back to me.  Corey kept having to remind me that this was HIS homework and not mine, and I didn't have to deal with it, just type it.  :P  I am very happy that I don't have to be in school right now. 

Well, the original reason I began to blog tonight was to ask you to seriously consider supporting my sister and my family members in this year's annual Disneyland 5K and 1/2 Marathon event to support the A-T Children's Project.  I have mentioned this a few times, or at least my sister's disorder, and here is a very real opportunity for you to help.  Your money to support my Mom, Dad, Brother, and Cathryn will go directly to finding a cure for A-T.  Read more HERE.  Corey and I really wanted to participate this year, but we weren't able to because of funds and such.  Next year we plan to be asking you to support US. :)  I really hope that you will actually take a minute and really think about helping.  There are so many people asking for your help these days, and I would never push you to give money, I just would like the justice of you actually seriously thinking about it!  Thank you, friends.  It means a lot to me and my family to have people support us in prayer as well. :)  If you are planning to pray for us or to support, please leave a comment so I know there are some of you out there!

Well, I have to get to some laundry.  I have to do it like 3 times a week because of Mr. Man's uniforms.  Praise Jesus we have a washer and dryer in our apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!