This has to be a short post, unfortunately, because I NEED to sleep and I am procrastinating hoping that my man will come home before it's REALLY too late to wait up. He's cooking tonight at the aforeblogged Black Bear Diner that opened yesterday (YAY!). I put in an 11something hour day, came home, watched some Castle (YES!)... and I'm currently staring at the mess in my apartment wishing I had a little less zombie-ness so I could clean it.
FIRST I would like to blog a very happy birthday to Elizabeth Anne Grover, aka Lizzy, aka Porky. This woman always puts the biggest smile on my face and laughter in my soul. She amazes me in her capacity to love all people, animals, and things, and her loyalty to our friendship is my favorite. I wish you the happiest last 30 minutes of your birthday, dearest, and I hope you are spending it sleeping instead of doing homework. <3
ANYWHEYS, if you were to ask me how I am and how the diner is doing and you wanted to know the real answer, I would first say "I'm exhausted," which you would be able to tell by the look on my face before I said anything. I am starting to get to dangerous exhaustion where my body says, "remember that since you had mono 2 years ago I SUCK and you can't handle being this tired?" My second answer to your question would be "Really, really great!" Jesus is SO good and I am so blessed with this job, with my family and my husband... Once you shave off the exhaustion, I am really a very happy woman inside. The diner is doing just fine for being open for 2 days. We have had busy dinners and not-so-busy breakfast (average lunch). There's been emergencies, scares, confusion, drama, and mass chaos, but that's part of the package! :) And overall, I believe guests are having a marvelous experience.
Here is a picature of me, Mr. Man, and Rrrrrandle at the diner, it's my favorite. (Please note that I was in "casual" dress, as I actually had some time off at that moment.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts!