Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So I been a'thinkin'...

You know those people whose "about me" sections are full of fun things like "I love to crunch leaves" or "I love the feeling of kneading dough"?  I always read those and think, "dang, how do they think of things like that, they must be just so full of life." I sigh, and go back to whatever I was doing, knowing that as a pessimist, I'm not very observant to the little things like that, and therefore I can never have a cool "about me" section of a profile.

So tonight I decided to make a list of little things that make me very happy and share them with you!  It was a really rewarding experience to dwell so long on things that make me happy. :)  You should try it.
  • singing at the top of my lungs in the car
  • the smell of wet trees
  • the relief when my lower back cracks
  • the moment my husband comes home
  • hash browns
  • sunsets while I'm driving
  • the first few cold days (or sunny days) of the season
  • when the grass is frosty and I get to be the first one to walk on it and make it crunch
  • the first sip of coffee
  • a clean house
  • making my sister smile
  • dress "shopping" (which really means, go try on a bunch of crazy dresses but don't buy anything)
  • pie
  • when the sun comes through the clouds in rays
  • trees whose leaves turn red in the fall
  • fun socks
  • waves crashing on a rocky coastline
  • days without mascara
  • when you bite an apple and the whole piece snaps off
  • buttermilk spice muffins from Mimi's
  • listening to music my brother wrote
  • long calls with galfriends
  • the smell of the ocean in the air
  • dreaming in French
  • writing with purple pen
  • birds chirping outside my window
  • wearing something new for the first time
  • the cello
  • hugging my mom
  • the smell of jasmine
  • a nap on Sundays
  • a kitty purring on my tummy
  • window shopping at shiny things
  • fresh peaches
  • my dad or husband playing the guitar
  • good hair days
  • warm pumpkin scones
  • when my nephew calls me "Coco"
  • texts in the middle of the day from Mr. Man
  • sweat pants and a ponytail
  • the way my in-laws' dirt driveway sounds when we drive up
  • green apple fruit snacks
  • clean sheets
  • pictures on my wall
  • dark chocolate everything
  • when you change lanes without hitting a bump
  • choral music
What things make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!