I just watched the BBC version of Daniel Deronda (original novel by George Eliot). Marriage in England at that time was SO frightening. People married just for attraction or money, and very quickly as well... sometimes within 3 weeks, as was the case in this story. Then they found out who their spouse really was, and often in stories such as this, the husband turns out to be wildly abusive and the woman is made subject to his every whim. I know that the people who wrote these sort of fictional stores (also made popular by Bronte sisters, Austen, etc.) meant it to expose or talk about what life was really like in their time. Now I'm not crazy feminist or anything, but the way that women were expected to act certain ways is a little upsetting. And the idea of your husband turning out to be some abusive tyrant who derives pleasure from making you subject to whatever he wants...
Good thing I don't have to worry about that. :)
On a different note, I love music... and at this particular point I love LISTENING to music. I love the way that putting on a song can completely raise my spirits and make me smile. Or playing a different type of song can help me relax, or aid and abet my lazy mood. I love putting on a song that makes me cry inside when I feel emotional, or finding a piece of music that describes exactly what I feel like at the point in time. The power of music to me is found in the emotion.
I'm not really sure why I'm up this late writing random things, but that's what a blog is for, right?
As far as news goes... I'm now Office Manager at DMH Mehanical and I work full time. We're working on getting caught up in Quickbooks for '09... we finished '08 about a week ago. I answer phones, keep the books, and do other administrative duties.
Planning is going well for the happiest day of my life approaches... we have almost nailed down our two venues, both in Grass Valley. I'm thinking they should be secured within the next week. I found a wedding dress, and we have our photographers picked! Aric and Casey live in Texas and are good friends with Dane and Shari Henson, who are my friends! Their website is www.aricalanphotography.com and you should totally check them out.
Oh yeah, and I joined Curves. Turns out I like exercising and I hate running in the heat and mosquitos here in Wheatland. So I go hang out with the middle aged women and listen to them talk about their kids who are in college or the drama at their jobs while they work out. Heh.
And God has been good, and has been providing stuff for us and our new place (when we get one!) We still need things, but we aren't going to have to move into an empty apartment. :) He is SO good. If you have anything you're getting rid of, let me know.
So generally, life is not easy, but I am continuously blessed with Mr. Man's companionship and love, and the provision of Jesus.
OH MAN and The Office started. Heck.yes.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts!