Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The older I get, the more aware I become of my imperfections

So a couple days ago I donated a dollar to St. Jude's Hospital for Children at CVS Pharmacy when I was picking up my prescription. I think that was the very first time I said yes to something like that, and it was awesome. You know how the person on the other side of the counter just asks out of habit and expects to hear "no, not today..."? I think she was surprised that I said yes. St. Jude's has a specialist in cancer in A-T children (A-T is the name of my sister's disorder, www.atcp.org) and they had a fundraiser with Chili's a while back that I didn't get to take advantage of, so I was excited, even if it was just a dollar. I'm hoping they're still doing it when I go back this month. Do you ever say yes to those sorts of things?

Biggest event of this week so far was the snow! Penn Valley doesn't normally get snow, apparently, but this was a "big'un." I think we had 6 inches or so. I was making coffee in the wee hours of the morning and looked out the window and gasped like a little girl. I ran and turned off the lights, stuck my head inside the curtain and just looked at it. Too bad I still had to work.

Also, Christmas is coming! I am 10 million times more excited this year than I have been for the past 4 years. College apparently sucks all the festive-ness out of you... or at least it did for me. I'm getting all cozy and warm fuzzied and excited. :) I'm so excited to have a two-family-ed Christmas this year, and to give everyone their presents. hehe.

On a sort of silly note, I wish my fingers would actually get warm for once. Good grief. AND I've been craving a Snickers bar REALLY badly for the last 24ish hours. :P

Do you want to start counting down with me? Only 32 days until I don't have to say good night anymore!! Planning is still fine... not freaking out too much yet. We've had a couple of snags, but all things considered we're lookin' good. I hope everyone remembers to RSVP!

If you're an observant person, you have noticed that the title of this blog post has nothing to with its contents. Well, that is because I am currently emotionally disjointed, maybe because my fingers are cold, and I do not have the stamina to discuss the fact that the older I get, the more aware I become of my imperfections. It's just true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!