Tuesday, May 11, 2010

37 happinesses

Well... I wish I had a million hours and good internet to spend a long time on this blog post, but I dernt.

Our new place is FABULOUS.  I have taken pictures, and I hope to get them up soon.  Here are 37 reasons in random order why I love our new apartment:

  1. the kitchen sink (actually big enough to put dinner dishes in... it's stainless steel and it has two sides)
  2. the garbage disposal
  3. electrical outlets that connect to light switches
  4. you can't see the bedroom from the kitchen
  5. full sized fridge that lets you put stuff in the door
  6. a huge oven/stove (YAY!)
  7. storage for cookie sheets under the oven
  8. a dishwasher (although it's not the best)
  9. a washer and dryer!
  10. space above the cupboards for pretty things (and breadmakers that don't fit inside any cupboards)
  11. a fan above the stove that works
  12. big windows with blinds (hallelujah!)
  13. a balcony (now we need a BBQ)
  14. no mud!!!!! (I live surrounded by concrete, praise the Almighty!)
  15. the entryway - leave your shoes at the door, thank you :)
  16. a closet where my clothes don't drag on the floor  (sigh of contentment)
  17. carpet - new and clean!  
  18. a bathroom door!! with a lock! (you can come visit now and not be embarrassed)
  19. a tub for baths - I just might have taken 3 already (within one week)
  20. a bedroom door
  21. a front door that doesn't let in the bugs or the cold or the dirt...
  22. room on the kitchen counters to set out my beautiful Kitchenaid mixer (goofy grin)
  23. non-white walls
  24. storage in the top of the closet - amazing.
  25. a toilet without rusting brass hinges
  26. kitchen floor that isn't warping
  27. a linen closet - what luxury!
  28. a coat closet - oh, heaven!
  29. a kitchen faucet that turns on and off the correct direction
  30. a bathroom sink your hands fit in
  31. the ability to use our boxsprings under our mattress
  32. having two sides of the bed so we don't have to climb over each other to get to the clothes or the bathroom
  33. the air conditioning and heater controlled by us at all times!
  34. enough light in the bathroom to see while I shave or try to put makeup on (I had daily makeup streaks with the old place)
  35. a peephole in the front door.  (sorry! not home! just kidding)
  36. a full sized ceiling fan
  37. the fact that strange landlords don't come knocking at your door asking you to kill rats with a shovel.  (obviously a story for another time)
I hope you are grateful for your house or apartment.  It really does change your life.

No new jobs yet, but several leads and much more hope!  Corey is acing culinary school and bringing me home food now that the school is down the street.  YESH!

...AND... I've been cooking!  So far it's a bunch of mom's recipes so they're familiar, but turns out it's kinda fun!  I can't wait until we have more money to buy more ingredients to make more stuff. :)  On mother's day, Corey and I fed the family and did all the cooking.  (that's a big deal)  It was delicious and you should be jealous.  I wish I had more time to tell you about it in detail, but I will leave you with the fact that my husband is awesome and shirred eggs are fabulous.

Praise Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Praise Jesus Indeed. :D Love the reasons, and you make great lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Crystal and Cory, what a great place!!! So, when can we come visit? Many blessings!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!