I am currently sitting in Barnes and Noble, listening to my Pandora station featuring Lady Black Mambazo and the Soweto Gospel Choir. I love this music. It is relaxing, harmonious, and just cuts straight through to the soul. The guys behind me are studying US History... I do not envy them. I really am not a history person. Unless you're talkin' music history, then I perk up. :) And I just finished watching an episode of Castle on Hulu, gotta love Nathan Fillon. Watching Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog is extra hilarious after watching Castle or Firefly. (If you have not seen Dr. Horrible, it is TIME.)
Sigh. My man is in class, thus this "free time." I hate to disappoint you, but I would much rather be hanging out with him, than writing a blog. ;) He has night class Mon-Thurs this quarter (that started today). Rough stuff. It's gonna be a hard 3 months for him (and us). He is absolutely loving working at Chipotle. I visited him the other day (I am so grateful I have a flexible job that allows me to do that!!) and I watched him working hard in their exposed kitchen, making "cilantro-lime rice" at the moment I was in line. I am so very proud of him. He is so impressive.
Jesus is so good to us, and our situation is finally looking up, after 6 months of marriage (as of last Friday!). I'm looking back, and it's really amazing how far we've come as individuals and as a couple even just in 6 months. We've learned a lot, and I'm sure we will continue to learn! What an adventure. I saw the other day off I-80 a single sunflower growing as if it was defying the ugly freeway and the dead grass around it, saying "Today is a beautiful day! And you can't stop me from enjoying it!" I marveled at having even noticed the sunflower in the first place, and then smiled to myself. Life is beautiful, despite the road being ugly sometimes.
So, I will be trying in the next three months to find something to do with all the time I can't spend with Mr. Man... exercise is on the list, but as you can see, it didn't work tonight. Read more books is on the list, but I am currently having a rough time getting into Uncle Tom's Cabin, and I hate starting another book when I haven't finished one. Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people. Keep the house clean, the laundry done, and the dishes clean are all on the list, so far so good on those. Cooking/baking will make it on the list when we have more money for ingredients. Poor Corey had to have an "emergency hot dog and cheese sandwich" on his hour break between long classes today. And I had corn and an egg for dinner. So far playing a lot of Animal Crossing has been topping the list... gotta catch all them fish. Everything else I can think of costs money... so I'll keep brainstorming.
In other news, the documentary featuring Tim Borland running 63 marathons in 63 days for A-T (my sister's disorder, read this post) is coming out on DVD soon! There has been some great hype about it, including a screening on TV, starring my fabulous sister. :) If you are interested, click here.
I hope you have been able to see some beautiful things lately. Even if the road you are on is ugly. Enjoy some peach Snapple, that oughta cheer you up. :)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My thoughts are: Hmmmm... Maybe I should go to bed. Dang, some pancakes would taste good right now... and there is cat hair EVERYWHERE.
ReplyDeleteNow, why did you want to here them?
Oh, BTW, I made a blog. http://robsblogblogblog.blogspot.com/
Bye!
Crystal! I KNEW I loved you! Firefly, Nathan Fillion, and Castle are three of my favorite things! Castle is not nearly as good as Firefly, but you have to love Nathan Fillion anyway :-) I'm not really sure how I feel about Peach Snapple...I've never really been a Snapple person, and it is not really available here in the DR :-) I have definitely been able to see beautiful things here, even when surrounded by the ugly. The most beautiful things, of course, are the children. I love their joyful smiles, even in their raggedy clothes and coarse surroundings. Did you know my family is moving to Northern California? Redding is not all that close to Sacramento, but it's closer than LA! See you soon friend! Praying for you and Mr. Man :-)
ReplyDelete