Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Couchin' it up

The plan tonight was to be productive.  We haven't unpacked from our quick weekend trip to LA yet and there's laundry to do and grocery shopping to do... but somehow I can't move from the couch.  The same thing happened last night.  This is not good.  When Mr. Man came home at like 11:15 last night from class, I asked him sheepishly if it bothered him that I wasn't productive and he assured me he didn't mind.  It's nice to have a husband that understands when you worked all day and you just want to stare at the computer screen all evening.... two nights in a row.  All that to say that tonight is definitely not over, and maybe I will get up and do something yet.

My mind is not only fried from working a fairly insane day (a little long too), but it is heavy with concerns for people dear to me.  Several of my friends are experiencing painful life experiences right now and I just wish I could help.  Unfortunately, I live far away and words are all I have (which normally suck and aren't that helpful).  I am glad that they all have Jesus to comfort them.  This world is just so full of pain, I see it everywhere!  I find myself often saying this little motto:  "Life sucks, Marriage is great, and Jesus is best."

By the way, it is National Night Out tonight.  What does that even mean and why have I never heard of it before?  Is it a Sacramento thing?  Our apartment complex is doing some shindig for it (I'm not going because I am husbandless because he's in class, and somehow it just seems weird).

So anywheys, this last weekend we went to LA to see Troy and Melody Rankin tie the knot, and spend all hours in a whirlwind of hanging out with cool people.  It was SO GOOD to see such good friends and SO refreshing.  It was fun to hang out with other couples too.  One of the highlights of the trip for me was spending time with ma cherie Jenny who is getting hitched in December.  I am her Matron of Honor, although I hardly consider myself a Matron.  I have no children and I wouldn't call myself matronly... would you?  Hm... maybe don't answer that.  But anyways, Saturday we were able to buy her super gorgeous wedding dress!  WHAT an honor for me to be there!! YAY!!! We also took an adventure to downtown LA for a bridal shop... we had neither of us been to true downtown LA other than the concert halls.  Let's just say it was interesting and leave it there.  I wish I took more pictures of the whole trip, because then I would share some with you, but alas and woe are we.  No pictures. 

Did I mention we got internet in our apartment?  We are Comcastic now.  It is excellent to have reliable internet again... and it enables me to sit here on the couch and not do laundry.  oops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!