Friday, January 21, 2011

Burgers, Coffee, and Whatever Chef is Making

I am not a dreamer.  I have probably mentioned this before... but I have become too much of a pessimistic realist to do much dreaming.  But today, I had a conversation that sparked a very interesting journey in my brain, and I think it has had a lasting effect on me.  I think that aside from being so pessimistic, I have always felt that I wasn't allowed to dream.  This is the life that Jesus gave me, He knows the future, it's His plan and my dreams or aspirations will get in the way.  I think I have been wrong.  There is nothing wrong with a dream as long as there is the full realization that Jesus decides if it comes true or not, rather than me.  And if I pursue Jesus before my own dreams.

So, I've been dreaming all day! I dreamed up a list of things I would absolutely love to do before I die.  I dreamed up things I would like to see in place in my life in the future.  I dreamed up things as frivolous as the design of a perfect guest room in a future house.  I dreamed about the orphans and needy children I would help if I had the money.  Part of me wants to share some of my list with you because I am so excited about it, but I think I will have to keep it to myself.  Dreams are pretty vulnerable things, you know.  And it might show you how much of a nerd I am.

But it was so liberating!  And the reminder that came along with it was also impressive:  Corey and I have our WHOLE lives ahead of us!  We are not going to be doing the exact same job, living in the exact same apartment, making the exact same money forever.  We could end up doing something we never dreamed (ha) we would like!  How thrilling!  How adventurous!  (If you haven't noticed, this kind of thing is really out of the box for me... adventure? What's that?)

The conversation that sparked my life dreaming was a discussion about career choices.  I am not necessarily searching for a career right now, as I would say I am plenty invested where I am.  But, really though, Corey and I could chose to do anything we want!  I love that idea!  I also love that my Jesus is a loving God who will support the desires of our hearts if they are in line with His plan!

So stay tuned to the adventures of the C. Hunts!  Who knows, maybe 15 years from now we will own a snazzy restaurant called, "Burgers, Coffee, and Whatever Chef is Making."  Or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. I have had so many dreams fulfilled in God's grace. It always prompts me to dream again and wait on the Lord to lead. I have so much yet to do in this life -- I am as young as you, almost.

    Keep dreaming and submitting. Expect God to answer the longings He puts in your heart!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!