Well I meant to write this post almost a month ago around our anniversary on the 9th. I never got a chance, but I figger that Valentines Day is right around the corner anyhow. :)
Corey and I have been married for one year. What a glorious thing. We recently had some friends ask us, "So tell us what it's like being married for a year!" and we looked at each other pretty puzzled. One year?! We have been on such a journey in the past year, and if you have been following my blog you've been through it with us, but around our anniversary I decided I wanted to explore that question, "What's it like being married for a year?"
Marriage is "AWESOME!!!" said with a goofy face and a giggle... and maybe my tongue sticking out. And that's exactly what it is, in every sense of the word "awesome." Awesome, like the coolest most epic thing ever, and awesome like it makes my jaw drop. "Like a hundred billion hot dogs, sir." (If any one gets that reference I'll ask my husband to make you a cookie.) The way the Lord provides such fulfillment and happiness in a marriage that is based on love and trust and Jesus is awe-some.
One of the best parts of being married to Corey is that he is my home. He is my safe place. He is where all the chaos of my life falls back into place like Mary Poppins cleaning a bedroom. All I need to do is feel his touch. And lucky for me, we work at the same place, so when he gets to work late afternoon, after I've already been there all day, I just reach out and with one finger, touch his arm (as more than that constitutes too much PDA at work), and all the tension in my muscles releases.
Corey keeps me laughing. Life is hard, and I get dragged down very easily, but my silly husband knows how to make me laugh. And how to make me silly. Silly is excellent for your health, you should try it.
There is something to be said for communication (as much as one year of marriage can be witness). In all the years that Corey and I have been together, we have made it a point to always tell each other how we are feeling. And there has only been one time in almost 4 years that I would actually call a fight between us. If one of us is a little unhappy with something, we normally can't keep it in for very long, we end up fixing it within an hour or shorter. And normally it's stupid stuff about the trash or the dishes. And normally it's just me being a pouty woman. (My man is also very patient).
I could just go on and on! I guess I set myself up by asking a very open ended question of myself with something so deep... but in a nutshell, Corey and I are never as happy, at home, restful, peaceful, mature, or silly as we are when we're together. We truly complete each other. I heard that the first year of marriage is supposed to be the hardest? Um, I can't imagine anything better than this. And the exciting thing is, I know it WILL get better. Jesus is good. I love my husband.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts!