Monday, October 19, 2009

A Happy Soul (and side notes)

I got to see three of my "besties" this weekend... Jenny, my maid of honor, and Lizzy and Janelle, lifetime friends. Since I moved up to the most excellent Northern California, I am close to my families and to Mr. Man, but not to all my gal friends. Sad. (side note: I LOVE Northern CA [and greatly dislike Southern CA] hence the "most excellent" reference.)
But... Saturday I got to hang out with Jenny and another good friend Roselynne because they were in the Sacramento area for a wedding. We ate at Cheesecake Factory (side note: I LOVE Cheesecake Factory especially that sweet wheat bread they serve in the bread basket.) and found wedding shoes for me... which was a surprisingly easy.... like a lot of things for this wedding. It was SO refreshing to be with good friends!
AND THEN... Sunday was Manelsie's bridal shower in Hollister. (side note: Janelle = Nellie = Nelsie = My Nelsie = Manelsie) I am a bridesmaid and so is Lizzy aka Porky... so we were all 3 able to finally reunite... first time since New Years, I believe. I have known these girls since jr. high and seeing their smiling faces and getting to hug them was like medicine... the good kind. It was pretty short, and kinda crazy because I had to share Janelle with a house full of other people that love her too... (side note: there were these little croissant/bready/cookie things at the shower that were absolutely mind-boggling amazing. I am on a mission for the recipe so that I can gain 10 million lbs as soon as possible.)

So to sum it all up... I needed some girl time with these wonderful ladies more than I realized, and I am so very happy to have had it. I can't wait 'till it happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!