Thursday, October 22, 2009

Three unrelated ponderings

I drove to work this morning past the cows and the fields of Sutter (or is it Yuba?) County, and there was a thin layer of fog on the ground. Well, thin as far as dimension and not density... The top of my car was still above the layer, and as I looked out I could see a horse or two tall enough to still be seen. It made all of those times someone described fog as "a blanket" come alive. Isn't it interesting to think about how that works? This morning it made me think of the mystery of my Lord and how His creation never ceases to prove His existence.


We had Achilles family night yesterday which is a weekly occurrence, this time we ended up watching Peter Pan, the newer version that I hadn't seen before. I thought it was rather sensual for a kids movie, I mean the look in that kid's eyes was definitely not what I would consider average for a less-than-13-year-old. That aside, what I realized at the end of the movie is that the end of the story is depressingly realistic, and therefore I don't like it. Don't jump to conclusions and think that I wish that Wendy, John, and Michael would have stayed in Neverland and ditched their parents forever. I'm all for growing up. And for parents. However, I'm not for never seeing your true love again. Peter and Wendy should have ended up together (Tinkerbell is just a fairy, by the way, she can't be his life-mate). I s'pose you could argue that Peter was just a kid and kids don't need true love and life mates, but the way that that movie portrayed them did not leave Peter enough of a kid for me to believe that. I also realize that I am inconsistent because I am a fan of reality. I'm not a dreamer, I don't love fantasy, I'd rather have a story that portrays reality in a fantastic way. However, this story IS fantasy. It has mermaids and flying kids and dogs for nurses. Therefore, they should have stayed together.


Planning wedding music when you're a musician is tough, by the way. Especially playlists for the reception. And all the daddy-daughter songs out there are awful. At least so far. I actually will love my husband more than my dad on my wedding day (I know he takes no offense to that), and so I don't want a song that says "my heart belongs to daddy" or "can you feel the love tonight." Sigh.

And what else is a blog for than to post such random thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!