OK, ok, so I play some video games. My soulmate loves them, therefore I love them. But not to the same degree, of course. And he really does like good games. He doesn't own any of those shoot-em-up games with guts spilling out everywhere... or big nasty bugs attacking you... or zombie scariness. He only plays those at friend's houses, haha. Most of our games are Nintendo, like Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing (my favorite!), WiiFit, Guitar Hero, and a few others.
Our most recent acquisition however, is for our PS3: Little Big Planet. This is not Nintendo... there's no Mario and you can't shake your remote to make you jump higher... instead you get to be a little sack guy. Lucky for me it's still not entirely 3D, and I can still control the little guy. (You shoulda seen me try to play Halo once. bahaha!) The entire setting is made out of fabric and cardboard, and you go around the world conquering levels. The best part of the game in my opinion is that you get costumes and things to dress up with. You can change the fabric you're made out of... colors or patterns, add hair, add clothes/hats, choose your eyes, even have a tail if you want. Being a girl, this especially appeals to me. I think I am currently a little indian girl with a feather headband and a fringe dress... and my fabric has wild stripes in fun colors. The level we were playing last night was in Mexico, and we were trying to find some guy's uncle hiding in a mine? (Of course, all the animals and the people in the game are made out of fabric and moving parts) So far I actually feel competent enough so that Corey isn't completely bored to death playing with me. I still die 3x as much as he does, but oh well. I have really been having fun playing it! It's an extremely creative game. Eventually we can create our own levels with items we collect in all the worlds.
My only bad experience so far with this game was the level in South America with scorpions. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am freaked out beyond all reason by scorpions (and that person who threatened to put them in my bed more than once traumatized me for life). It really is unfounded fear, I have never had a bad experience with one, but nevertheless, it is a very serious fear and I am second guessing whether I should put it on the internet. There are some psychos out there. Luckily I don't think psychos read my blog. (I hope) Anyways, I had to put my remote down and cover my eyes and Corey's little sack guy (he has antlers and a tux and a magic wand) had to drag me in a cart past that part of the game. Sigh, he's so patient.
Other than playing Little Big Planet, we haven't been doing very much! We move in two weeks, yay!
And I am totally addicted to Dancing with the Stars. Evan Lysacek must win. And Kate Gosselin, I'm sorry but you really can't dance.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeE! I love the last two sentences, ok, three sentences you wrote. I completely want Evan Lysacek to win, and Kate makes me very sad and lonely inside when she is "dancing".
ReplyDeleteAnd I have started playing video games with the hubby, too.....only we play wii, and League of Legends. :)
If you're ever in town, come on over and we can battle on guitar hero, and you can try out your DJ skills since we recently inherited DJ hero!
ReplyDelete