So I'm starting to despair about the fact that we will most likely be internet-less when we move in 1 1/2 weeks. It's amazing how empty a computer is without internet to me. And how lonely it is. I got a taste of this the past couple days when our landlords fried their wireless router and didn't get it fixed until this morning. Of course the two internet-less days happened to be the days that Mr. Man is gone at school all day long! Turns out I really rely on the internet to feel connected with people (no duh). I moved far away from my close friends, and the way I keep in touch is on the 'puter! When we move to Sac, I will also be farther away from my family. Time to pray that our job/money situation improves drastically enough to afford internet. Or that my friends magically move to NorCal down the street from our new apartment. :)
Speaking of money, I hate it. I hate how hard it is to come by. And to be honest, I hate how hard it is to separate money and material possessions from happiness. That's something Jesus and I are working on right now, and it's definitely a struggle. But on top of that ongoing struggle, we have little money for the things that we actually need! Eeek. The Lord has been SO faithful to us and has provided for us for the past 3 1/2 months, but it sure is feeling thin these days. I understand that I need to trust Jesus, it just helps me to share the struggle "out loud." If you are so inclined, please pray that the Lord will continue to provide work for Corey and I and that we will not have to pull our hair out over the monthly bills. I'm sure many other people need the same prayer.
But really, economy, will you ever look up? I mean, what an awful time to be a recent college graduate and a newlywed in this society. Not that I regret a thing, it's just hard to have hope when everything is so desolate. I should have been a nurse... or an accountant. Not really, but the job security would be nice. Jesus knows that I love music, that it is in my soul, and that it's what I'm meant to do. Just His timing, not mine.
What a joy it is to have hope in eternity, though! This world and this life is only temporary! Imagining life without this hope is so desolate, no wonder depression abounds and the only thing that "fixes" it is medicine. I have Something much greater than medicine!
And how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband. He is so patient and helps me remember to trust Jesus and hope in things not seen. I am so proud of how hard he is working in school! There has been a lot of homework, commuting so long has been rough for us, but to hear him brag about his cream of mushroom soup when he got home at 12:30am last night made me so happy! ... even if I was half asleep.
...and I don't like mushrooms.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a sweet heart you are! I am sure that he did make wonderful soup.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of internet, You could probably go to the local library to have internet access, or perhaps a book store?
I know what you mean about the moving away and having to keep in touch with your friends and family on the computer. Sometimes I feel lonely, and just visiting their profile, or writing a little comment to them makes me feel a little bit like I am still there.
Love you!
Tell Corey I want to taste it!
ReplyDeletehe didn't get to bring any home :( we forgot to pack him a tupperware.
ReplyDeleteif i were you i would pack him with several! ;)
ReplyDelete