Well February came and went so fast, and I never even posted once! The first half of February was pretty fun, I had a birthday and we celebrated Valentines. I made it easy for Mr. Man this year... I looked him straight in the eye and said, "Here's what I want for my birthday. I want a betta fishy. I want to go to Michaels and pick out a pretty vase and pretty rocks, then go to Petsmart and pick out my fishy. And I want to get him a plant and he will be my fishy and I will name him whatever I want." He was pretty happy to get out of the pressure of gift shopping. :)
So now I have a beautiful betta fish named Giacomo: King of Fishy and Fishy of Kings.
Unfortunately, my fishy is giving me vibes like he hates me. He doesn't seem to be very content with the food and home I have provided for him. I feel like I'm keeping my fishy hostage.
Valentines was pretty easy too, we bought each other Little Big Planet 2 (only the coolest video game I've ever played). I wish I could explain it for those of you who don't know what it is... but maybe this will be better:
We also went for the first time to Tex Wasabi's, one of our new favorite places to eat on the planet. Tex Wasabi's is officially classified as Sushi BBQ. They have a full menu of authentic sushi, a full menu of authentic Southern BBQ and THEN they have this section of the menu called "Gringo Sushi" that is TO DIE FOR. We tried three different ones:
- "Kemosabe Roll" - "Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, BBQ beef brisket, french fries, crispy onions and a garlic chili mayo sauce"
- "Jackass Roll" - "Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, avocado, BBQ pork, french fries and a garlic chili mayo sauce"
- "Hidden Chicken Roll" - "Grilled marinated teriyaki chicken, wrapped with avocado, mandarin oranges, crushed wontons and lettuce in tapioca paper. Served with a teriyaki dipping sauce."
This is how I felt about this place:
We also went to a Valentine's Dinner at our church, and played the Newlywed Game... and won. Whaaaat?!
This is us with Pastor Kyle after winning:
...and this is us in the "photo booth"... we decided not to tell each other what we had written on our little chalkboards, and man, did we LAUGH when we saw this picture. I thought for sure he would write something funny!
The rest of February was pretty uneventful. I got a cold that knocked me out for 5 days, we worked our butts off, and we battled Corey's homework.
The day-to-day is still pretty difficult, Mr. Man and I don't get a lot of time together, which is fairly normal for a married couple as I understand, but no fun. And I really really really really miss my galfriends. Turns out my life is surrounded by boys, and however cool they are, I miss being around women.
A couple cool things, though... we started attending a Life Group on Thursday nights that we LOVE. The fellowship of like-minded believers is so beautiful. Also, (I don't remember if I've mentioned this) I now have 5 (FIVE!) voice students. It's a lot to handle on top of working 40 hours a week at a crazy job, but I LOVE it. Music and teaching are still my true first loves, and now two nights a week my soul is revitalized. Overall, we are just SO blessed, and Jesus is taking good care of us. :)
...and I am reminded of that every time I see a blossoming tree. :)





Awwww! Crystal, thanks for giving us a sneak peak into your life! So glad you two are enjoying life together!
ReplyDelete