BUT I do have a couple things worthy of spending a little time on.
First, if you were asked to (in one minute) decide on ONE word to give me for marriage advice, what would you say? The ladies (of all ages) at my bridal shower in Hollister were asked this, and I was very intrigued by their answers. I thought you might be as well, so I decided to type them up:
- tolerance
- blind
- compromise
- work-hard - she sort of cheated ;)
- humility
- unconditional
- sleep
- romance
- forgive
- date
- laugh - #1
- listen
- thoughtfulness
- cherish
- compassion
- enjoy - #1
- laugh - #2
- laugh - #3
- flexibility
- grace
- enjoyment - #2
- selflessness
- omnipresence
- respect
- sharing
Secondly, I know this is a little late, but I couldn't resist talking about what I am thankful for this year. I have so many reasons to be thankful to Jesus for his blessings in my life! Here we go:
- Of course, an obvious one would be my wonderful fiance. I wish I could describe my thankfulness to the Lord for giving us to each other. He (the Lord) has used Corey's love for me to teach me so much about the magnitude of His love for each of us. I can honestly say that I am the happiest I ever remember being in the arms of my man. He is home.
- I know many people are grateful for their families, and it might seem repetitive, but isn't it wonderful that there are families who still love each other in this rotten world? I am grateful on a base level that my family is not broken up by divorce, feuds, or anger. My heart goes out to those who hate being with their families on Thanksgiving. How blessed I am! On a greater level, I am grateful to the point of tears for the love and support of my family.
- I am grateful specifically for my grandparents. Grandma "Ready-Set" Judy is an amazing example of clinging to Jesus with her whole soul, and finding her joy in Christ. Grammie and Grampie in Oregon love me and have helped with the wedding more than I deserve. I am a rotten sort of granddaughter who doesn't try hard enough to stay in touch with her grandparents. If you are that sort of grandkid, might I suggest you fix it as I am trying to do?
- My job is such a wonderful thing. Corey's job is such a wonderful thing. We are both employed and making money (however little). Praise Jesus.
- I am grateful for Jennifer Marie Cronk. I think I will cry if I try to say any more. Dang, too late. I love you, Jenny, and I am ecstatic that you are happy.
- I am so thankful to be done with college! I did not realize how horrible the college lifestyle was for me until I was done with it. I worked myself so hard, the only possible way that I survived was Jesus. I am grateful for my time there, and grateful to be well equipped to face the adult world, but YAY that I'm done!
- There are several other shallow-er things that I am thankful for, such as a car that works, technology that enables me to keep in contact with my friends, and music that can express the emotion of my soul. God is good, all the time.

I didn't see "communicate" anywhere on the list!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your home is starting feeling like YOURS:) That's exciting.