Friday, October 9, 2009

3 months 'till the HDoML...

... or the Happiest Day of My Life...

How am I feeling currently about the fact that I'm getting married in exactly 3 months?
As giddy as when Corey and I began our relationship, and any of you who knew us then know how giddy that was. Of course our relationship has grounded since then (2 1/2 yrs ago), and we are rock solid, built foremost on Jesus Christ, and then on trust, communication, and everything else awesome.

I know some of you (if anybody reads this blog) are thinking, "oh yeah, you're still giddy, but wait 'till 6 months into the marriage and it'll all go away." Well, with all due respect and a very firm grip on reality (that hurts sometimes), I would like to tell you that I am confident that I will be as happy as I am now in 50 years. I am definitely aware of the storms that life will hold, but I know that we will attack them together as a unit. (we have already got a head start).

I also believe that Jesus created Mr. Man and me to be together. This means that I believe that there is no one else in the whole world who would fit me better than him. These days, people don't believe in true love or "The One." I do.

Other than the sovereign plan of God, true love boils down to selflessness. And true selflessness cannot be found without the picture of Jesus as a guide. Therefore I feel sorry for those without Jesus who are missing out on that whole side of love.

Besides that deep stuff, I am giddy because we get to have our own little house full of our own little things! We just signed the lease on a place in Penn Valley. It's a 600 sq ft studio/1 bedroom attachment to somebody's house. Of course, now you're really sure we'll get tired of each other in such a small place with such little privacy. Bah. Corey is home, so where we live doesn't matter.

But seriously, I'm going to go all housewife crazy. Gonna cook in my little kitchenette for my man and decorate and keep it clean. (well I know some of that will get old...)

The Lord is so good to give me this dream come true. Scratch that, it's better than I dreamed... I've never been a dreamer.

2 comments:

  1. amen sister. praying for you and i believe in that one true love too....i found mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that it has to get "old" after 6 months. :) It will only go away if you want it to go away! I've been married for 5 and a half years and I would like to think we are still in the honeymoon phase. I am more in love with my husband now than I was when he put a ring on my finger. There are new things everyday and the journey of marriage is amazing.
    Marriage is just like any relationship, you have to work at it. But knowing that going into a marriage (which I am confident that you do), is half the battle.
    And you'll be fine in your little home:) We have been tempted to "move up" in house size but are so happy with our little 950 sq ft house now. I think we honestly just refuse to listen to society tell us that we need a "bigger" home (especially with a baby on the way). I love our little house payment, little yard, little utility bills, etc:). And I like that I don't have to "hunt down" my husband in a massive home when I want to see him!
    Make YOUR memories. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!